We are currently OPEN for submissions for our Spring 2018 issue, and as always, we are open year round for our blog submissions!
August 7th through October 20th for Spring Issue
March 1st through April 16th for Contest Issue
- We are open to any form of artwork. Past issues have included photography, sketches, paintings, digital media, and images of various installations and sculpture.
- All submissions must be in jpg or tif formats at 300 dpi. Please submit individual entries as LastName_Title, and include dimensions if applicable, the materials used as applicable, a brief description of the submission, and a brief artist’s bio.
- Please submit only once per reading period
- We welcome submissions of personal essays, memoir, profiles, and other nonfiction pieces not exceeding 4,500 words.
- All nonfiction submissions should be double-spaced with numbered pages.
- Please include a third person bio to go along with your submission in the cover letter option
- Submit up to 5 poems (not exceeding 10 pages) per reading period.
- All poems should be submitted in a single document & in a single submission. We accept doc, docx, & pdf files.
- Include a cover letter & let us know how you heard of So to Speak
- Include a brief third person bio in your cover letter (Please use the third person so we don't have to guess at your pronouns!).
- You can upload your cover letter as the first page of the document, or simply use submittable's "cover letter" field.
Who We Are page.
Also, please note:
- Submissions should be 4,000 words or less, double spaced, and contain numbered pages.
- Submissions must be formatted in a single .doc or .docx document that contains a cover letter followed by your work.
- In your cover letter please include your name, address, email, phone number, how you heard about So to Speak Literary Journal, and finally a brief bio describing your background as a writer and any previous awards and/or publications you may have received.
Winners of this year's contests are
- Poetry: Anita Olivia Koester-- "Tapestry with Drunken Elk"
- Fiction: Kelley Ann Bell-- "Resurrection Man"
- Nonfiction: Deb Jannerson-- "Scarring"
- Visual Art: Nahid Navab
The cost is $11; please fill in the shipping information on the following pages to complete your order.
Note: these submissions will be read for our Spring 2018 issue